Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Just checkin in...


Sorry it has been soooo long... been working on a few things and busy with summer, kids, new doggie, etc...


This is Happy... we adopted her from the Pasadena Humane Society end of June. She is lying outside Michael's door waiting for him to get up... that pink thing was a bear, but is now a poor chewed up piece of pink... Happy likes to get all the stuffing out... she doesn't eat it just likes to de-stuff... We had to have some rules regarding the couch pillows. Happy is a Weiner-Beagle we are pretty sure. She loves to go to the dog park but gets nervous if too many dogs are saying hello at the same time.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Went to a few bead shows....










































**************************************************************************************

Took some classes at Farrin O'Connor Design Studio in Pasadena... http://www.farrinoconnordesign.com/

Signed up for some more....

















**************************************************************************************

Bought some wireworking books... Bead on a Wire by Sharilynn Miller and pre-ordered her book Contemporary Copper Jewelry...
This book is fabulous... order it here...


read her blog here...


Learned some new techniques from Bead on a Wire...







How to wire wrap wire
How to make my own links....




like these heart links...


======================================================================

Been working on a new special ordered cuff...




Bought these Lasso Hoop Earwires from my friend Rocki at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6033823 and made these fun earrings... those are also her Swirl Headpins...
Made these fun earrings with Lava Beads and... Rocki's Interchangeable Copper Spiral Hoops then made a necklace to go with...

4 comments:

Rocki Adams said...

Wow! You've been a busy girl haven't you! Thanks for the mention too :)

It sure was nice to meet you in person while we were in Cali and yes, why didn't we think to take pictures? We will for sure be back because Mark & I decided to make the Whale Watching Cruise a yearly event! Get your camera ready ;)

Talk soon!
♥ Rocki

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Goodmorning!!
I am so glad that you are posting some of your recent work, though I know that you have made SO much more.

You were kind to Happy in this post...didn't mention that she is also a bead thief.

Later Gater
Love, Carol

dochoamom said...

Thank you ladies...

Rocki. You are most welcome. Thank you for finding and following your muse. We all benefit from your wonderful skill in the studio. Maybe I will take a day off next time you guys come out and go on the whale watching trip too. I have never been...

Carol.... Thanks and you're right, I didn't post ALL the stuff I have been working on. Took me three trys just to get the blog to look as it does... I got tired of it... You spilled the beads (beans) on Happy dog... yes she got ahold of my focal but just took it off the table and set it on the floor maybe to just tell me she could do it... and that time she took a vial of beads.. she was chewing on that... but again I caught her.... Maybe she likes pretty things... I do a check to make sure there is nothing reachable beadwise, toolwise and chairs are pushed under the table now even just to run to the laundry or something..

Love, Deb

Lynn said...

Happy is a bead bandit???! That's too funny, well not really, but really :) He's so cute - my dog does the destuff thing too. Who knew so much fluff could be in there??

I love those gigantic rings and those leaf beads look awesome too. Your wire work is awesome. I love those links and the necklace and matching earrings - just beautiful! So glad you took the time to post. I missed you!